Most of us are familiar with what a social worker does. But what is a medical social worker?
When it comes to home care, some companies also provide you with the services of a medical social worker. Their job is to help you and your healthcare team develop a care plan that works for you. Once a plan is in place, they may also provide support and education for you and your family. A medical social worker will help ensure that you are in the safest environment possible to heal.
Some of a medical social worker’s services include:
- initial in-home assessments to identify safety issues, limitations, or barriers to your goals
- education and counseling for patients and their families
- treatment and observation of patients with significant social and emotional problems affecting their health
- connect patients and their families to resources and support in the community
- help patients expand and strengthen their network of social support
- periodic reevaluation of your physician’s care plan
At Haven Healthcare, medical social workers are part of the services offered in both our home health care and our hospice care. We offer personalized treatment plans to all of our patients and medical social workers can help us make those individualized plans as effective as possible.
For more information about our home health services, check out this page. For information about our hospice services, check here. Always feel free to give us a call or use our contact form linked down below if you’d like to talk to someone directly. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.